|Battery Tips||Battery Terms||Battery FAQ|
To obtain optimized performance and long life battery cycle we suggest these tips for your Planet Headset battery.
- Full charge your battery before using it (upon receipt Planet Headset batteries are typically charged ~ 30%). First time full charging is called "initializing" and by doing so will enable you to obtain maximum battery capacity. For Nickel Cadmium and Nickel Metal Hydride expect to charge your battery 10-12 hours and Lithium Ion 1 to 2 additional hours. INITIALIZING your battery is an important first step for longer lasting battery health!
- During initialization, do not remove the battery from the charger until it has completely charged.
- In order to minimize capacity loss and life reduction, batteries should be stored in well ventilated and dry locations. Batteries stored in these conditions may be stored:
- Nickel Cadmium up to 2 years.
- Nickel Metal Hydride up to 18 months.
- Lithium Ion/Polymer up to 18 months.
- If used batteries are to be removed from service for extended periods (greater than 30 days) they should be discharged to about 50% of their capacity before storage in a cool and dry location.
- Batteries which have been in storage for more than two months should be fully discharged and recharged.
- Only charge a battery when it needs it. If it is not fully discharged, do not recharge it.
- Important - Continuous charging will shorten battery life. (Do not use charger as a radio stand.)